POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Splash Screen : Re: Splash Screen Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Splash Screen
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 23 Nov 2001 18:07:05
Message: <3bfed699@news.povray.org>
> > Is there a way to supress the splash screen in the windows 3.5 beta
version?

> No, it isn't allowed by the license to disable the copyright messages of
> POV-Ray.
>
>     Thorsten

I am not looking to disable the copyright, it is also in the messages window
of the IDE.  I just don't want the splash screen popping up every time when
I run pov in the background from an external batch file.  I guess from your
answer, it is not possible with 3.5.  I will wait to see if I can make the
request for 4.0 to have the option.

Thanks for the quick reply
Tom